Saturday 24 March 2012

China in...

2013:


I found this comment on "A 'Plastic surgery' that turns duck into goose", which is obviously common practice in China (today), but then as it happens...

...on a day in 2013, it is very hot. But you can’t see the sun.
Whatever. I haven’t seen the sun for a long time anyways.
I drive my car to the nearest gas station to gas up. I’ve learned that gas there is cheaper.
There aren’t many cars at the gas station. Now you don’t have to line to gas up. It feels so great.
The worker there asks, “How much gas do you want?”
“About 1,000 yuan (US$150) of gas,” I say without taking a glimpse at the gas pump.
“With this little gas, how far can you possibly go? Why don’t you fill it up?” The worker says scornfully.
“No. I would rather spent that much money on a kilo of leafy greens.”
I stare at the sky and can’t figure out what color it is.
“Okay, it is ready to go. Do you want an official invoice?”
“No invoice is needed. Thanks!”
The worker is stunned, “Oh, my god. You are awesome! A private car owner has the nerve to gas up?”
I crack a smile. I do feel proud at that moment.
I drive the car away with much contentment, because I know, this little gas is enough to get my car to the dealership.
The price of gas has risen. The price of apple has risen. The price of egg has risen. The price of radish has risen. The price of instant noodles has risen…
But I am gonna tough it out, because the price of grave plot has risen too.
It is 2 o’clock in the afternoon. The weather is still hot. And I still can’t see the sun.
Holding a small wad of banknotes in my hand, I walk out of the dealership.
I think to myself, “It’s been a long while since kids last ate any meat. It is time to satisfy their cravings.”
I look at my watch. It is already 2 p.m.
“It’s quite late. I have to get home with a kilo of meat before 7 p.m.”
I quicken my steps. Suddenly, I find to my joy that the air hasn’t got a markup, and in fact, it contains way more ingredients than before.

Thank you 网易青海省西宁市网友 [wangning4500] 的原贴!


Carpe diem!


0 comments:

Post a Comment